Report a death

Report a death

Reporting the death of a loved one is something we all hope we never have to do. However, if the worst were to happen, we are anxious to ensure that this process is as painless as it can be for those involved.

To make the process as straightforward as possible and ensure that any benefits that may be due can be paid quickly and efficiently, please follow the steps below.

What you need to do first

If you are reporting the death of a member of the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited Pension Scheme, you will need to contact the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited Pension Scheme Administrator at:


Phone: 020 8686 2466

Post: 4 Bedford Park, Croydon, CR0 2AP

What will you need to provide?

You will need to provide the member’s death certificate. You may find it helpful to obtain several authorised copies of the death certificate as it is likely that a number of organisations may ask to see this.

Benefits may be payable to a spouse, civil partner or dependant - your beneficiary. Before these benefits are paid, the Trustee will need to see a number of original documents (typically as listed below) to make sure that the money is going to the right people.

Original documents for spouses or civil partners, if applicable:

  • The member's death certificate
  • The spouse's or civil partner's original birth certificate
  • The marriage or civil partnership certificate.