Now your pets are covered, too! To help you care for your pets, Pet Insurance from Nationwide® helps you provide your pet with the care it needs at a low monthly cost. Pet Insurance plans reimburse eligible veterinary expenses related to accidents, illnesses and injuries for dogs, cats, birds, some exotics and reptiles. My Pet Protection® is offered exclusively to John Hancock employees and gives your pet protection at a reduced rate that you can purchase at any time during the year.
Key Benefits of My Pet Protection®:
- 90% coverage after deductible is met
- Visit any vet, anywhere
- One price, regardless of your pet’s age or breed. Cost does not increase as your pet ages and pets of any age can be enrolled
- Average savings of 40% over similar plans from other pet insurers
What are some examples of what My Pet Protection® covers?
- Accidents, including poisonings and allergic reactions
- Injuries, including cuts, sprains and broken bones
- Common illnesses, including ear infections, vomiting and diarrhea
- Serious/chronic illnesses, including cancer and diabetes
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Surgeries and hospitalization
- X-rays, MRIs and CT scans
- Prescription medications and therapeutic diets
- Teeth cleaning
- Microchipping and monthly fees for microchip
- Emergency boarding (if owner or immediate family member needs to be hospitalized)
For more details, click here or call 855-874-4944.